Before the end of school our year group took a trip down Memory Lane and visited the Kingswood Center on the Isle of Wight. Being our last year at this school this trip was exceedingly special compared to the others. And if any of you reading this have an idea of visiting the Isle of Wight, don’t be afraid to come here too.
Getting to the center is simple enough. From London take the motorway to Portsmouth and travel to the ferry terminal for ‘Wight Link’ ferries. One ferry arrives around every thirty minutes so even if you miss your ferry your ticket is still valid for the next. Wight Link ferries travel from Portsmouth to Fishbourne, and from Fishbourne it is about forty-five minutes to get the Kingswood Center You should cross a pub, two towns and lots of rolling countryside. When we arrived the accommodation was acceptable:beds had to be made and pillowcases stuffed by the end of the day. The raw mattress underneath was coarse and contained scratchy little pieces of sand and frag-mental objects, which was not very pleasing to sit on until you covered it. Although the beds were not done and the raw mattress was dirty, the rooms hot at night and the ceilings infested with cobwebs and spiders, it was a very hearty place. There are no running drinking water refill taps so you must make do with the toilets tap water. The toilets also have showers although you must bring your own washing equipment. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and hot cocoa before bed with cake are all added to your total bill, and the food is good everyday with Halal and Non-Halal sources, and courses for Vegetarians. There is a salad bar, bread bar, drink station with four types of juice and water and napkins and cutlery.
The activities we took part in, there are too many to remember. Every day is packed for the children so nobody is ever bored, and it must be a dream come true for some when they go to bed at ten every night, and usually don’t sleep until three hours later, or worse never. Here is a list below of what activities you can participate in, the number is enormous:
- Go Karts
- Beach Games
- Looking at Rockpools
- Visiting Carisbrooke Castle
- Quad Bikes
- Team Challenges (a whole group works together to complete the course)
- Jacob’s Ladder (five rungs above each other, will you work together or go solo?)
- Indoor Sports [night game]
- Who Wants to be a Billionaire [night game]
- Outdoor Campfire [night game] (served with marshmallows and heaps of fun!)
- 3G-Swing (super force swing suspended in the air with two people on it, then thrust into the air)
- Low Ropes (course, work together)
- Free Time [Only in early mornings or late afternoons, or on arrival at the site] (play with equipment on the spacious field)
- Swimming (bring equipment yourself)
- Disco [night game] (last day only, bring a good outfit!)
- Balance Beam
- Den Building (create a shelter in the forest)
- Circus Skills (play with diablos, bean bags, devil sticks, and plate spinning)
- Laser Zone (kitted out in center gear)
- Indoor Climbing Wall
- Indoor Archery
- Caving (go underground with harnesses on and listen to spooky stories from wartime)
- Outdoor Zipwire
- Leap of Faith (climb high then jump off)
- Nightline (work together blindfolded, completing courses)
- Indoor Team Tech (work together in groups to create the best Kingswood course idea with items such as gears and rope)
On a whole, visiting the center has had a great impression on me. Why don’t you visit? There’s always a vacant place ready…
Visit Rating: 8/10
Categories: All Posts, England, Trips and Places to Visit
I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I
never found any interesting article like yours.
It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers
made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.
Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and
I’m impressed! Extremely helpful information specially the
last part 🙂 I care for such info a lot. I was seeking
this particular info for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
You should take part in a contest for one of the finest blogs on the web.
I most certainly will highly recommend this website!
This is really fascinating, You are a very skilled blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and look forward to in search of more of your fantastic post.
Also, I have shared your site in my social networks
That is really fascinating, You are a very professional blogger.
I’ve joined your feed and sit up for in search of more
of your fantastic post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website
in my social networks